TN: College student climbs atop train, touches live wire, dies
A college student died of electrocution today after he climbed atop a train in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu and touched the electric wire above it, police said. Srihari (18) from Nilgiris district and studying BCA in a private college had gone near the Peelamedu Railway Station to have tea with five of his friends from the hostel at around 4 am, the police said.
Srihari didn't listen to his friends' warnings; died on spot
Seeing goods train carrying petroleum products at the station, Srihari reportedly expressed his desire to check the overhead electric wire, the police said. Despite being warned by his friends, he scaled the top of the train, touched the wire and died on the spot. On being informed by the friends, Railway Police recovered the body and sent it for a post-mortem.