Mumbai: Man gets sucked into MRI machine and dies
In a shocking incident at the Nair government hospital in Mumbai Central, 32-year-old Rajesh Maru who was taking his relative to the MRI room got sucked into the MRI machine and passed away. Maru was holding an oxygen cylinder which was providing oxygen to his relative when he got sucked into the MRI machine due to the magnetic force.
Hospital administration at fault, says Maru's brother-in-law
"A ward boy told him to carry an oxygen cylinder with him to MRI room which is prohibited. It all happened because of the carelessness of hospital's doctors and administration...No hospital authority has approached us accepting their mistake," said Maru's brother-in-law Harish Solanki.
FIR has been registered against Nair hospital
An FIR has been registered in the Agripada police station against Nair hospital under Section 304 of the IPC. Maru's body has been sent to the JJ hospital for post-mortem. The deceased had gone to the Nair hospital to visit his ailing mother, said Maru's brother-in-law Harish Solanki. Solanki further said that the MRI machine was on when Maru walked into the room.