IIT Delhi student finds dead mouse in hostel food!
Indian Institute of Technology-Delhi is one of the country's premier institutes, but it looks like one cannot expect "premier" food quality at the hostels here! In a disgusting incident, Jayant Darokar, an IITD student found a dead mouse in his breakfast at the Aravali Boys Hostel mess inside the institute. Sadly, several others had already consumed the meal before the shocking discovery. Read more!
Not the first time, says a student
A student said: "This is not the first time that a dead animal has been found in our mess food. We have found cockroaches, ink, and honeybee inside our food. We had submitted complaints to our professors and the institute director but in vain."
Concerns raised over IIT Delhi's carelessness
Jayant found the dead rat inside the chutney in his South Indian Thali served at the mess. The student then posted about the incident on the hostel's Facebook page along with a photograph. While some students made fun of it, many others were concerned about the negligence of the hostel mess staff. Around 400 students are reportedly living in the Aravali Boys Hostel.
Another IITD student's post on Facebook
Jashan Suri wrote: "The number of viruses, diseases that a mouse can spread by touching us is insane, let alone eating chutney made with the mouse. We live in fear of not only the surmounting academic pressure but also in fear of food poisoning."