Mumbai: Fire breaks out in 7-story building in Andheri
A fire broke out Tuesday in a commercial building in suburban Andheri in Mumbai, an official said. A fire personnel received burn injuries on his hands while trying to douse the flames and was taken to the Cooper Hospital. The blaze erupted around 10 am on the second floor of the seven-story building at Madhur Industrial Estate in Andheri, a fire brigade official said.
No office-goer was injured in the incident
"The fire was confined to the electric wiring and office furniture of a medical store situated on the building's second floor," the official said. Eight firefighting engines, a water tanker, and five ambulances were rushed to the spot, he said. "No office-goer was injured in the mishap," the official said, adding that the cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained.