Name of the place
Distance from Ludhiana (in km)
Things to do/ Places to visit
Nawanshehr (Shahid Bhagat Singh Nagar)
- Nawanshehr is the home to many prominent Gurudwaras like Gurudwara Nanaksar, Gurudwara Gurpartap, Sanehi Temple Nawanshehr, Kirpal Sagar among others.
- Nawanshehr is also known for the forts or havelis built by Nausher Khan, the Afghan military chief.
- In Patiala, you can visit numerous forts and gardens like Sheesh Mahal, Bardari Gardens, Qila Androon, Rang Mahal, and Maiji Di Sarai, among many others.
- From there you can also visit tourist sites like Samana, Banur, and Sanaur.
- You can visit the Golden temple, which is the most prominent Gurudwara there.
- From there you can also take a tour to Bibeksar Sahib, Baba Atal Sahib, Ramsar Sahib and Santokhsar Sahib.
- You can also visit places of historical significance like the Jallianwala Bagh and head toward the Wagah border.
- The place gets its name from the Bhawani Amba Temple, which is a great site to visit.
- You can visit the Bagh Gurudwara, Sis Ganj Gurdwara, and St. Paul's Church, and Kali Mata Mandir.
- The cloth market in Ambala is also a great place to visit as there are almost around 1000 wholesale shops that sell clothes.
- St. Andrew's and St. Patrick's Churches at Balun, St. Francis' Church at Subhash Chowk, and St. John's Church at Gandhi Chowk are a few of the most visited churches in Dalhousie.
- You can also visit the Bhuri Singh Museum built in the year 1908.
- And if you are looking to visit a place with historical significance, don’t forget Rang Mahal which is famous for its British and Mughal style of architecture.
- This is a place of great historical significance. It is famous for the Gurudwara Fatehgarh Sahib.
- You can also visit popular tourist sites like Mata Chakreshvari Devi Jain Temple, the Floating Restaurant, and Aam Khas Bagh.
- In Ferozepur, you’ll get to experience the beauty of the Jain Mandir Pothimala and Gurudwara Gurusar.
- The place also has several museums and memorials of historic significance like the Anglo Sikh War Memorial, Saragarhi Memorial, National Martyrs Memorial, and Barki memorial.
- Another place of interest here is the Harike Wetland and Bird Sanctuary.
- Out of the numerous temples and Gurudwaras present here, the most prominent one is Qila Mubarak.
- Gurudwara Lakhi Jungle Sahib is another prominent religious center to visit.
- Other beautiful tourist spots include Chetak Park, Damdama Sahib, Bathinda Lake, Maiser.
- Famous tourist spots include Raj Mahal, Fairy Cottage, Qila, Mubarak, and Gurdwara Tilla Baba Farid.
- Kapurthala is the home to historical places like Panch Mandir, Jagatjit Palace, and Gurudwara Ber Sahib.
- Other prominent places are the Kanjli Wetlands, and Pushpa Gujral Science City.
- You can start by visiting the St. Thomas Church, the Agroha Dham, and the Lohari Ragho.
- Rakhigarhi, a village with historical importance, is also a prominent tourist spot.
- Some of the major tourist attraction spots are Dera Baba Nanak, Gurdas Nangal, Mahakaleshwar temple, Fish Park, Gurudwara Chola Sahib, and Thada Sahib.
- You can visit the Ram Dev Mandir and the Dera Baba Sarsai Nath Temple.
- Sirsa is also the headquarters of the religious group Dera Sacha Sauda.
- A visit to Sangrur is incomplete without a visit to the Gurudwaras like Gurudwara Janam Asthan, Gurudwara Nanak Jhira Sahib, and Gurudwara Akoi Sahib.
- From Sangrur you can also go to Jama Masjid in Malerkotla, Qila Mubarak in Bhatinda and Sunset Point in Kasauli.
- The Bhuteshwar Temple, Damtan Sahib, Jayanti Devi Temple, and the Hazrat Gaibi sahib are some sites worthy of a visit.
- The puranic city of Hansdehar is also a beautiful place to visit.