Fernandes was never a transfer target for Man City: Guardiola
Portuguese sensation Bruno Fernandes joined Manchester United in January and since then he has shown his worth. The versatile attacking mid-fielder is already looking as the side's best player on the pitch in absence of Marcus Rashford and Paul Pogba. Meanwhile, Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola said Fernandes was never a target for the champions. Here's what the City boss said.
Fernandes has been impressive for United
Fernandes has already scored three goals across all competitions. He has scored twice in the Premier League while supplying as many assists. The former Sporting Lisbon player attracted interest from many top clubs across Europe. However, he went on to choose United. When Guardiola was asked whether the player was a target for City, the Spaniard brushed off the question.
'Club wasn't in talks with Bruno's agent'
"I don't know if the agents want to create something to do that. But I think the club was not in talks with his agent about this player, but they link this guy and a thousand million more," added Guardiola. "I don't know what it means 'my type of player'. I like defenders too and good headers," asserted the former Barcelona boss.
We are linked with a thousand million players: Guardiola
Ahead of the Manchester derby on Sunday, Guardiola told reporters, "I said many times it looks like we are linked with a thousand million players every month." "I don't know if the agents want to create something to do that."
Nani had advised Fernandes to snub City
Former United winger Nani said he suggested Fernandes to join United and not any other club. "As soon as I saw the news, the possibilities, I told him, 'Don't choose Manchester City, don't choose any other team. You choose Man Utd," he said to GOAL.