#PulwamaAttack: Will sacrifice another son, says father of martyred soldier
In what is sure to tear you up, the bereaved father of a soldier, who was martyred in Pulwama on Thursday, said he would send another son for the service of Mother India. Ratan Thakur was among the 40 soldiers who were martyred in Jammu and Kashmir after Jaish-e-Mohammed attacked a CRPF convoy. Dozens of jawans were seriously injured. Here's more on what the proud father said.
Pakistan needs to be taught a lesson, says soldier's father
Ratan's father, who stays in Bhagalpur, Bihar, said he lost his son in service of the nation. "I will send my other son as well to fight. I am ready to give him up for Mother India," he added. But he went on to say Pakistan should be given a befitting reply. Meanwhile, mortal remains of the soldiers have been brought to New Delhi.
What had happened: Terrorist rammed SUV into bus, killed dozens
The attack, which marked the return of car bombers in the valley after 18 years, was meticulously planned by the notorious organization. A terrorist named Adil Ahmad alias Waqas Commando of Gundibagh rammed Mahindra Scorpio, laced with explosives, into the target bus. A resident of Pulwama, Adil had joined JeM last year. Reports claimed he lived 10 kms away from where the blast happened.
Will go to heaven after this: Adil said in video
Adil dropped out of school in 2017. In a video, which emerged after the attack, Adil said Jaish "finally" gave him a chance. "After a year's wait, I have got the chance to do what I joined the Jaish for... By the time this video reaches you, I will be in heaven," he added. His dastardly act on security forces was condemned by everyone.
PM Modi says he understands anger of nation
After the attack, emotions ran high in the country. People took to streets to slam the cowardly attack of JeM, which operates from Pakistan. Meanwhile, India withdrew its 'Most Favored Nation' status to Pakistan and Prime Minister Narendra Modi said an apt reply will be given. Flaying with Pakistan, PM Modi said they shouldn't assume they can get away with such tactics.
Separately, intel warned of Syria-style attack
Notably, intel had warned of a Syria-style attack using car bombers days ago. After the warning, officials met and discussed strategies but nothing concrete happened. J&K governor Satya Pal Malik accepted the attack happened due to negligence. "If terrorists could bring such a big vehicle without being checked, it had to be because of failure on our part," he said.