Situated on the banks of the Godavari River, Nashik is one of the most ancient cities in India. The city is a mix of ancient traditions and culture and modern culture. If you are in Nashik and looking for places to explore nearby, then we have the perfect list for you.
Following are some of the places rich with scenic beauty and historical significance that you can cover on a weekend with your family or friends. Check it out!
Name of the place
Distance from Nashik (in km)
Things to do/ Places to visit
- This ghat lies in the Western Ghat regions and you can enjoy the scenic beauty of hills along with spending some time trekking if you love adventure.
- It is a popular hill station in Gujarat which is perfect for a gateway with family and friends.
- Another hill station surrounded by the Western ghats, this place is a tourist attraction for its scenic beauty and meditation centers.
- You can also visit Arthur Lake, Amruteshwar Temple, Bhatsa River Valley, andDhamma Giri Meditation Centre.
Lonavala and Khandala
- These two hill stations are perfect for trekking and camping.
- And if you are tired of those then you can always sit peacefully amid the serenity of nature and admire its beauty.
- Apart from the beauty of the hill station, you can enjoy the lakes, parks, and grasslands.
- The Ellora Caves are listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The 34 caves of Buddhist, Hindu, and Jain groups are a major tourist attraction there.
- This place is also appropriate for trekking, camping, or picnic.
- As it is inhabited by local tribes, you can also get a glimpse of tribal music and dance.
- Another great tourist attraction is the Amala Wildlife Sanctuary.
- The Pali Ganpati Temple and Mahad Ganpati Temple are two very popular sites here.
- If you want to spend some time amid nature you can go see the Palusa Falls, and the Moho Kurd Dam.
- Among historical places, you have The Tiger Caves and Kohoj Hill Fort.
Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- A major tourist attraction here is the Roman Catholic Church.
- You can also go to Khanvel and Vangana Lake from there.
Daman and Diu
- Jampore Beach is a great place to visit there.
- Devka Beach is also a good place for swimming enthusiasts.
- Also, visit the Church of Bom Jesus and the Chapel of Our Lady of Rosary to witness the Portuguese architecture.
- The bird sanctuary in Karnala is one of the most prominent and famous tourist spot.
- The Karnala Fort is also a hit among the tourists.