Zlatan Ibrahimovic scripts Serie A history
AC Milan forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic scripted history in Serie A. The veteran player scored a brace for his side in a sensational seven-goal thriller. Zlatan has become the oldest player to net a brace in Serie A history. However, Milan lost the match 4-3 against Fiorentina to suffer their first league loss of the campaign. Here are the key details.
- At 40-plus years of age, Zlatan has been sensational for Milan, scoring goals.
- His return to the side in 2019 has been a positive one.
- What makes him stand out is his desire and the fitness level he maintains.
- Zlatan has set a high standard and takes care of himself.
- He has continued to reach new heights and is smashing several records.
As per Opta, Ibrahimovic has become the oldest player ever to have scored two-plus goals in a Serie A game and the first 40-year-old player to have achieved this feat in a match in the big-5 European leagues in the 2000s (40 years, 48 days). After netting his first, Ibrahimovic became the third-oldest player ever to have scored a Serie A goal.
Since re-joining Milan, Zlatan has scored 33 goals in 56 matches across competitions. 30 of these goals have come in the Serie A (44 matches). He has netted five goals this season. Interestingly, all five have come in the Serie A. Overall, he has 89 goals for Milan across two spells. He is now the 12th-highest scorer for Milan, surpassing Renzo Burini (88 goals).
Zlatan has also raced to 152 Serie A goals in his career. He has netted 72 league goals for Milan and had earlier amassed 57 for Inter and 23 for Juventus.